- This event has passed.
DASTS 2022 AARHUS
June 2 - June 3
DASTS 2022 takes place in Aarhus June 2nd and 3rd under the theme…
“Living with Ruptures: Repair, Maintenance, and (Re)Construction”
The world seems to be filled with ruptures. Ongoing migration issues, pandemics, mistrust in institutions, climate change catastrophes, among other chronic and unresolved crises. It is compelling to interrogate the status and demands of STS-oriented research in the moment during, after, with, and despite ruptures: How do we live with them? Should we (re)construct or maintain the “normal”? What do we leave behind and what do we repair?
DASTS 2022 provides a platform to gather and share ongoing and emergent STS-related research, particularly in Denmark and the Nordic space. Here, we want to discuss how the current landscape of STS methods and theories inform and impact maintenance practices and reactions to ruptures.
Keynotes by Shelia Jasanoff (Harvard University) and Anders Blok (University of Copenhagen).
- Deadline for panel suggestions: 15th of February (closed)
- Announcements of panels: 1st of March (closed)
- Submission of abstracts (panels and open): 1st of April (closed)
- Notification of acceptance: 1st of May (closed)
- Deadline of registration: 16th of May (closed)
- DASTS 2022 conference: 2 & 3 June
CfP, submissions and extended information via the Aarhus event website: https://events.au.dk/dasts2022/