Seminar: Dr Google and beyond – Rethinking online search for stem cell treatments in an era of ChatGPT
When: April 17th 2023 10.00 am – 12.30 pm
Where: Øster Farimagsgade 5A, Room 1.1.18
In this seminar, we explore and discuss the data politics and practices of contemporary searches for health information. We focus on stem cell science because this field is known for a controversial industry of commercially available treatments. Through this example, this seminar will explore the role of information technology platforms in our individual and collective practice of search for better health.
- Dr. Anna Couturier, EuroGCT and University of Edinburgh: Dr. Google and ChatGPT: the Era of AI in Health Information Search
- Dr. Emma Lane, Reader in Neuropharmacology, Cardiff University & Dr. Cheney Drew, Research Fellow, Cardiff University: Information Search: Engaging Patient Experiences (TBC)
- Anders Grundtvig, PhD student, reNEW Copenhagen: Searching for Stem Cells Treatments: What, Where, and How?
- Associate Professor Anders Kristian Munk, Techno-Anthropology Research Group, University of Aalborg
- Professor Jane Kaye, Centre for Health, Law and Emerging Technologies, University of Oxford
This seminar is supported by the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW (Novo Nordisk Foundation